Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Embracing 2014..



Today marks the 1st day of January for the year 2014. A brand new year to all of us. But as I was writing this, I miss someone so special to my heart. I have not talked to him yet since Sunday up to this point, so this is my only outlet to release all the pain, longings, the loneliness and sadness above my head and inside my heart. Yes, it was a very hard feeling to start the year ahead of me but all these loads I surrender to our dear Lord Jesus. Whatever the reason for this, I know he would never fail to guide me and be my security blanket. He know's how much I care and love the person and I trust Him to cure me and help me find the answers. On the other hand, contrary to the emotions deep within, the smiles and laughter that covers me I gladly give credit to my family specially my nephews and niece that brings me back to my childhood days, enjoying every second without the pressure of anything. I spent most hours with them playing, talking, cuddling, kissing, laughing, more often than not getting crazy with them whenever they did something wrong and I loved the idea that I'm not preoccupied. 

Hours before new year came... I made myself busy, do some household chores. Prepared lumpia, then we went out and bought pizza, firecrackers and horns for the kids. Back home then continued all the works, while papa was cooking, I finished the salad for dessert and assisted mama in cooking the carbonara. Up to the last minute, we set up the table and hurried outside with the family for the countdown. Fireworks everywhere and the kids enjoyed it. We fired up the fountain and greeted each other. It was a blast. We shared what we had with some of our neighborhood and ate all together. 









I can never be as strong as the others in handling the challenges of life but as I look back, as I reflect, there were a lot of people carrying heavy loads than I am, I am more blessed and safe, loved and protected and was given a precious blessing to enjoy the beauty of life. Thank you so much Lord Jesus for prolonging the gift of life I am grateful for. I have You and You are my strength. Please keep me guided this 2014 and the coming years of my life. I love You..


No comments:

Post a Comment

TopBlogs.com.ph

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines