Tuesday, October 8, 2013

88 Days in India by CHET ESPINO

A pilgrimage of FAITH, HOPE and LOVE.

Years ago and even up to now, I am inspired and it was a privileged to be one of the few readers of this wonderful true to life story of Mr. Chet Espino and his wife Margie battling through her illness far from their kids and love ones. 

I'm the type of person who's always against the flow. Majority would long for what's the latest. There were humongous number of people who would effortly line up for  Harry Potter, Fifty Shades of Grey, etc. But I don't belong to them tho I respect their interests on those. 

Going back, I was at Power Books Greenbelt as it is one of my favorite place to visit and roam around glancing at new pieces being delivered at the store. I would grab some magazines and compilations about houses, biographies and others. But as I was reading, I saw a track of books just in line to where I was sitting. It was a very simple layout of the cover page, nearly orange in color. No one ever tried to glance at it and that's what made me more curious. I grabbed one. It says, "88 Days in India by CHET ESPINO (A pilgrimage of FAITH, HOPE and LOVE)." Wow, just by reading the title, it made me wonder and I was so eager to figure out what it is all about. What's in its content that comprises those three deep words. It became my hobby then to dropped by the store and allot few of my time to read it. Unfortunately, I got so busy at work that hinders me from visiting. On the positive note, a year after, me and my boyfriend (Yes! I was astonished to be in a relationship at that time and I'm blessed and very happy about it up to now) had time malling. He was the one who saw Power Books in Robinson's Manila while we were walking and he remembered that I mentioned that book so he started asking the store attendants and they looked for it. And it was really destined for me! ☺ I finally got my own copy! I'm really happy and I could finally finish the entire story in my own time.




It started with messages from their colleagues, friends and the author himself. I was hooked. Not only what's in it but the thought that the story being shared was base on their personal experience and they were Filipinos. Certainly, you can never guess the essence of the story if you wont go by the details of it. At one point, Mr. Chet Espino, who happens to be the author briefly stated earlier on the page what to expect on his writings about his "ordeal" in India with his sick wife, the love of his life.

With my interests to share it, I will try my best to upload well-content pages of the book through photos/videos (either way) for those who haven't purchase it to spread their story and love in my own little way and that will be post on the second part.


(Click this link to view a featured column of this book from Inquirer)
http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/sundaylifestyle/sundaylifestyle/view/20091207-240509/How-Chet-loved-his-wife-Margie-back-to-life


The last page from the book left a question mark in my thoughts and I tried my best how is she (Margie) doing at this point. Look what I've found! A healthy wife wrapped in her husband's arm. Both with a great smile that tells it all. I was teary eyes when I saw this. Chet's love was truly magical. More than the operations and assistance of all the doctors, I believe it was him who brought her back to life. He never get tired, he did not gave up, he surrendered their journey to the Lord and just loved his wife more than he could (in sickness and in health). 

(I can't wait to share this miraculous, very selfless and a one of a kind love story to others.)


True love heals..



I may not be in anyway related to them, but what my eyes witnessed throughout his writings and some photos made me realized that Chet was a living proof of what genuine love is. Unconditional. I salute you.. May God bless you and your family. I also hope that more people could reach your experience through this book and be able to touch their hearts as much as it did to mine. ♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

TopBlogs.com.ph

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines