Tuesday, October 15, 2013

BE AWARE AND CONSCIOUS!


It was a week ago since my last post here and still there's one unpublished draft on my dash board that I find time consuming because of the photo editing and my pending part 2 of the 88 Days in India(the exact content) that I really want to share. Now, I got to checked my account at Bloglovin and there's a new follower Miss Whitesmith and I had the chance to catch up on some unread posts and part of it was Rica Peralejo's version of Lost and Found (there's a link at the bottom directing to her website that I constantly read). I felt she was saddened about the lost of her Ipad because it's important to her but still she let it go and rather focused on her active involvement with their organization participated in sessions with God. 

I had the same feeling with what happened early this year. It was not my first loosing a valuable, it had happened a lot of times but the recent encounter was the most traumatic. Take note, two consecutive incidents. 

First incident.
I really thought that working closer to our home is way better but with my case it was a nightmare. More than the reputation of the company, the salary breakdown and a lot more benefits, it was really an advantage that my parents need not to bring me to work as the company premise is just a jeepney ride away from our home. Unfortunately, all these convenience were no longer favorable because of a dreadful episode I had.
It seemed like an ordinary day. Exhausted after work. And like the usual we waited 2 hours after our shift(from 3 to 5 am) for our own safety which is part of the so called isolated world of the call center industry working on a graveyard and rotating shifts. I had a bad habit of keeping all my stuff just inside my bag and at that time all my valuables were literally just inside my bag. So timely I withdrew ten-thousand pesos from my account and more than two thousand pesos in my wallet, roughly a total of 12-13 k. I need to do that because I don't have time to go to the bank. I just want to have enough sleep after work. And so my wallet, together with all bank cards, my shoes, company id, cellphone were all gone in just a blink of an eye. We were walking and it was still dark(nearly 5 am). We were four, but when we crossed the street we walked by two's and I was at the back right side closer to the cars passing by. I saw it coming..
A very fast approached motorcycle(yes, a riding in tandem). I was stunned. I didn't even know that the other guy was hardly grabbing may bag with the thought at the back of my mind, "What are you doing?This is mine!" ..Until I felt my right arm was in pain already and so I had to let go. I was in shocked. I was so intimidated that I couldn't forget how he sharply looked at me. If only they want my bag I'll give it. But at that very moment, it was too quick. It was all gone. All my hard-work until the pay day will only be spent by others whom I don't know and the most painful part was the trauma. I was shaking and crying the whole time. My colleague lend me money so I could go home. I couldn't even pressed the house' buzzer until my uncle saw me crying and then I told them my bag was snatched and they saw my right arm all in red. Of course they were shocked too and very anxious about what happened. I couldn't afford to narrate all the story yet. Papa and mama told me not to think of what I loss but to be thankful that I'm still safe. I sobbed in the room the whole time and I couldn't believe I was the victim. I called babe, our company, the bank and smart telco to blocked my no.
Because of that terrible experience, I resigned and moved to a different company. It took me a while to recover. I'm just thankful that I have my family,babe and love ones  to protect me and lift me up. I knew I couldn't bring my valuables back. But along with it, I let go of that encounter and not to dwell on it. I need to learn and be stronger. As they say, what goes around comes around. Since then, I don't bring my valuables with me. Just my allowance and a cheap phone. I'm more observant and alert. Also I'm "tamang hinala" ..I'd rather be that way than being so complacent and with God's grace I had moved on..

my bag, phone, id and all the items in it :(

Second Incident..
Yes, not later that the first incident. It was not just me but my family got involved on another "nakawan".
I was about to go to work. That was 6 in the morning and as his usual routine papa went out to buy something for breakfast and I was inside the wash room, and my stuff was on top of the bed (papa's room at our shop) and laptop was left on top of the table. I thought all along, nothing entered the shop that papa wasn't around yet so I didn't bother not until he came. Then he asked mama if she took the laptop with her. So they checked upstairs and it wasn't there. And when I entered his room.. wtf! my phone and my bag was missing too! so I told them, and figured out the thief stole my stuff(again!) , laptop(take note including the charger) and portable dvd player. Wow! so unfortunate! we're all pissed but I thank God the person didn't hurt me nor entered the washroom where i was and never had bumped face to face with him that surely I might freaked out.
What a good Samaritan, the sweeper was! When papa asked her if she saw someone she detailed her encounter with a guy who took a garbage bag and was unease and his actions disturbed the sweeper that caught her attention. She described the person and papa quickly took the car together with my brother. They slowly roam around and saw someone who fits the adjectives given by the sweeper. He asked my brother to kept an eye contact to the person and parked the car nearby. And so, they were right! He smashed the guy's face and he ran. The garbage bag was left and they checked it. My bag, our laptop and dvd player were inside. We redeemed our stuff except for my watch and money..
It may not be that necessary but again, it was just so recent when I felt the same fear. After what happened, we always make sure to locked(double-locked) our shop.Thank God we survived and we were all secured.

I shared this experiences so we can be aware of such unpredictable instance that may come our way. Letting go of things is a lot easy.. Be it.. Rather than putting yourself to risks. Also we may not forget to seek guidance to the Lord God. He will be our armor and our forever security blanket..




No comments:

Post a Comment

TopBlogs.com.ph

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines